Taper plug gauges are used to check tapered holes. It has two check lines. One is a GO line and another is a NOGO line.
TAPER PLUG GAUGE
Taper plug gauges are used to check tapered holes. It has two check lines. One is a GO line and another is a NOGO line. During the checking of work, NOGO line remains outside the hole and GO line remains inside the hole.
They are various types taper plug gauges are available as shown in fig. Such as
1) Taper plug gauge — plain
2) Taper plug gauge — tanged.
3) Taper ring gauge plain
4) Taper ring gauge — tanged.
· Ring gauges are mainly used for checking the diameter of shafts having a central hole. The hole is accurately finished by grinding and lapping after taking hardening process.
· The periphery of the ring is knurled to give more grips while handling the gauges. We have to make two ring gauges separately to check the shaft such as GO ring gauge and NOGO ring gauge.
· But the hole of GO ring gauge is made to the upper limit size of the shaft and NOGO for the lower limit.
· While checking the shaft, the GO ring gauge will pass through the shaft and NOGO will not pass.
· To identify the NOGO ring gauges easily, a red mark or a small groove cut on its periphery.