Civil - Environmental Engineering - Sewage Treatment
Important Question And Answer: Secondary Treatment Of Sewage
1. Give any four advantages of activated sludge process?
· Lesser land area is required
· The head loss on the plant is quite low
· There is no fly ash or odour nuisance
· Capital cost is less
2. What are the disadvantages of the activated sludge process?
· High cost of operation, tooth greater power consumption
· A lot of machinery to be handled
· The sudden change in the quantity and character of sewage may produce adverse effects on the working of the process thus producing inferior efficient
3.What are the types of track long filters?
· Conventional track long filter or ordinary or standard rate or low rate trick long filter
· High rate filters or high rate trick long filter
4.What are the disadvantages of trick long filters?
· The head loss through these filters is high, making automatic during of the filters necessary
· The cost of construction is high
· There filters cannot treat ratio sewage and primary sedimentation is a must
5.What are the special types of filters?
· Durban filter
· Magnetic filters
· Rapid sand filters
6.What do you mean by magnetic filters?
In this type of filter, a layer of crashed magnetic ore of
Iron is provided in about 80mm, thickness, and is supported on a non-magnetic metal wire screen sewage is filtered through the magnetic layer which removes the impurities purely by mechanical starching action.
7.What are the types of high late Filters?
· Bio filters
· Accelo filters
· Aero filters