Civil - Highway Engineering - Design Of Flexible And Rigid Pavements
1. What are the materials required for W.B.M roads?
1. Coarse aggregate.
3. Filler materials
2. What are types of bituminous road?
1. Surface dressing
2. Bituminous bound macadam
3. Define seal coat?
Premised snail bitumen (or) surface dressing type seal coat is applied either immediately (or) after a few days.
4. What are methods adopted consummation of cement concrete pavement?
1. Cement grout method
2. Rolled concrete method.
3. Cement connate slab method
5. What types of join provided in cement concrete pavements?
1. Expansion joint
2. Contraction joint
3. Warping joint.
6. What material used as joint Filler?
1. Soft wood
2. Impregnated fiber board
3. Cork (or) cork bound with bitumen
4. Coir fiber
7. What mate rich used a joint sealer?
2. Rubén bitumen
8. Write short notes on Hair pin bend?
A hair pin bend should he located on the hill side having the minimum slope and maximum stability It should be sate against land slide and ground water. Hair pin bends with long arms and further spacing should he provided.
9. What are the methods of pavement?
1. Flexible pavement
2. Rigid pavement
10. What are the components of a fallible pavement?
1. Soil sub grade
2. Sub base course
3. Base course
4. Wearing course
11. Define sub grade?
The soil sub grade in a layer of natural soil prepared to receive the other lays of the pavement.
12. What properties posses soil sub grade? a. strength
c. Ease of compaction
d. permanency of compaction etc.
13. What are tests conducted the strength properties of the sub grade?
1. California bearing ratio tests
2. California resistance value test
3. Plate bearing test
4. Trysail shear test
14. Define bone course?
It is the foundation layer, designed for the structural stability. The main function of the bare course in edible pavements is to improve the load supporting capacity by distributing the load through a finite ethicalness.
15. Define leaving course?
It is that component of pavement with which the wheels of vehicular are in archival contain.
16. What are the factors attaching stability of pavement?
a. Traffic factors.
factors. c. Climatic factors.
d. Soil factors
Stets dissipation factors.